Put your lips close to mine,
as long as they don't touch.
Out of focus, eye to eye,
'til the gravity's too much.
When you stand to close to something, the figure becomes blurred, hard to configure. There's something about that, though. When a person's face, for example, is pressed against yours from forehead to nose you can't see much--perhaps the shade of their eyes, the lift of their cheekbones.
This moment is all based on intuition, emotion, and wanting to experience it with all of your senses.
I have never been good at being by myself at night. It's the time where my insecure thoughts flood my heart and all of the sad songs take over my mind. Lately, I haven't been and it has been the most rewarding thing.
It all seems kind of too good to be true. The sleepovers, the cuddling, the movies, waking up and someone being there.
I just feel so incredibly fortunate right now. My perspective is so clear and I'm celebrating the things I enjoy and I get to share them with someone who is genuinely interested and I get to learn all these new things about this boy who is kind and cool and gorgeous.
Through all the stories and all the days, what sticks out is that moment. The moment right when the gravity is too much and you can't see much, but you can feel everything.
No comments:
Post a Comment