First of all, before people jump to conclusions, "Cloud Nine", long before it was a reference to being high, was an idiom for happiness. I quite enjoy it as that and I will make of the phrase as I will.
My last post was pretty whiny and complainy and venty. Though pathetic, I'm glad I was able to get most that stuff off of my chest. I really think it helped in me entering this past week with a clearer, happier mind.
The last seven days were, in short, great. Of course my problems and stressers didn't just vanish and I am completely wonderful and everything is good times and noodle salad (Jack Nicholson As Good As It Gets. Check it.) but, just little things in my mindset and my atmosphere really have altered the "depressive" feelings.
The top three things that have really helped me include but are not limited to:
1. Dressing up. When you feel low, you don't want to try. You pull on jeans and that worn out sweatshirt you got in 8th grade because it's comfortable and all a person wants in a dark period is comfort and safety. However, I always feel my best when I have put together a cute outfit and tried with the mess that is my hair. Confidence is typically the base of any kind of happiness. When you walk around and feel good in your skin and clothes, it spreads to your overall mood.
2. Do your shit, one step at a time. Call me crazy, but one of my favorite feelings is accomplishment. Whether it be the completion of the cleaning your closet project or getting the answer to an obnoxious math problem, it feels so good to get stuff done. However, no matter how good that feeling is at the end, it's pretty damn hard to find motivation to start. It's easy to write that list out of allllll the things you have to get done and toss it aside. The fix to this, in my time of practice, is to just think of one job at a time. clear out all the other stuff and just do one thing at a time, soon it will all be done and your mind will be clean!
3. Indulge in your guilty pleasures. Everybody has them. For me it is One Tree Hill and Keeping Up With the Kardashians and writing this here blog. Maybe for you it is listening to Backstreet Boys and Madonna or reading/ writing One Direction Fanfiction. Really, the details don't matter. Even if that plate of yours is overflowing, never be afraid to take some time off and do the little things that can make you happy. All that stuff you have to do, chances are, most of it can be put off a bit. Don't think of it as procrastinating, think of it as maintaining your healthy aura.
Plus, to be honest, there's the fact I have been losing weight, had a great report card, my parents and I are getting along, and...there's this boy. I always thought the phrase, "Things will happen unexpectedly" was sort of ridiculous. But, here I am smiling like the little crushed out school girl at suggestive texts and hallway smiles, something that ten days ago, was not happening.
So, do what you love and what you have to do. Peace.
P.S. If there are some sort of cat finding blog gods out there, maybe you can hook me up with my Sophie again. I miss her.

No comments:
Post a Comment