First of all, my name is Whitney and I am currently at the most ridiculous age in the books of seventeen.
Secondly, I can't always promise consistency or plot twists or hilarity. I am using this as my escape. (Which sounds utterly cliche and totally washed out, but whatever.)
This year, going into my senior year, my mantra is "What you do matters."Which I completely must credit to Mark Schwann and One Tree Hill. My main goal in my life is to make a difference. Whether in one person or an entire city. I want to leave an impact and do something that can positively affect a person. Those four words epitomize that so well and so clearly. Maybe it is from a television show that hardly represents reality, but I think that if anything, that statement is one that stands strong and true. In "Doing what you can" you are doing. Trying. Making it. This is all you can do.
The "stuttering, stumbling, making it" spurs from typically the same idea. Every song you hear, every movie you watch, every book you read, and every moment you live, the lesson learned is that life isn't easy. Adversity, with its cruel, sharp claws, appears often in front of you and forces you to make mistakes, to learn, but to struggle all the same. In all of these instances, it is hard. Sometimes even the easy stuff can be hard. No matter what, you have to keep going, keep fighting, keep making it.
Until next time, here is me forcing my dog to take pictures with me.

No comments:
Post a Comment