Sunday, September 16, 2012

Rings and Things

I think an adequate way to start this off is to say,  I really, really like owls. Over the past 6 months I have collected quite a variation of owl related items. Things like mugs, blankets, necklaces, pictures, and little figurines.



So with that, I will go on with my story. 
A few weeks ago, a friend and I got into a pretty big fight. We didn't know each other all that well anyway and when certain aspects of our lives came up, we disagreed. About 10 days later he sent me a heft apology text in which I didn't respond. Not that I was ignoring it, I just wasn't sure what to say at the time so I let it be. 

This morning when I checked my phone, I had a message from him that he sent around 2. In it, he explained that he had been at a craft fair hosted by his college and saw an owl ring and thought of me. This same owl ring that he bought for me and needed my address to send to. From Provo, Utah. 

The level of guilt that I felt in that moment was so monumental I proceeded to sleep again for two more hours. Then I woke up and realized how lucky I am to have a friend that would stick by me even before I was ready to forgive him. 

Anyway, that was my morning. Here is a picture of my cat lying on my computer:


No comments:

Post a Comment