As a person who is generally known to my peers as "lame" I don't exactly put myself in risky situations. This comes from being terrified of disappointment, rejection, and...well, injuries. However, I'm all for standing up for what you believe in and doing things before you can't do them anymore.
Though I admire the people who are genuinely careless and can get through life by the seat of their pants, I always go by the guidelines of caution and care. I don't think people understand how every single choice and decision that you make in your life has the potential to change everything. From a relationship to how people see you.
This summer I learned an important lesson in timing and scenery. Never to get yourself out of something should you lie or blame to salvage someone's feelings. When wanting to do something or say something, consider the timing, the mood of your person, the location, and most importantly, the possible outcomes.
Actions mean everything in this world. How you handle adversity and tough situations defines you and who you will be. Though putting yourself first seems ideal and is important in some cases, you always must think about what your choices will affect in your life and your future. Even the smallest things that could evolve into other small things, is the risk worth it?
Also, here is my mantra for the week following an emotional debate in government last Friday.

No comments:
Post a Comment