Saturday, September 15, 2012

The Love Thing.

First of all, I really forgot how magnificent Gilmore Girls is. Hilarity at its finest.

Today I witnessed really one of the greatest moments of my high school career. One of my best friends has this boyfriend who is completely adorable and they reek of cuteness. It's the kind of relationship you can't help but stare at and obsess over. Total ship worthy relationship.

Anyway they have been dating all summer and tonight in the best, most movie cliche moments ever he told her he loved her, chocolate included. She got in my car, her face red with the biggest smile on her face. She was so happy. So...in love.

More than anyone I know she deserves this. Her kindness, her heart, her dedication, her loyalty it's all worth being cherished. After her year with boys, I am so glad she found this person who will look and treat her with nothing but utter adoration.

All the time I feel like I'm complaining to the people around me about my lacking "love life". I know they roll their eyes and tune out. I don't mean to be a broken record. It's just hard. I'm not searching for an ultimate soul mate who will sweep me away forever. I just want to be liked back.

Ugh. That sounds so...emo pop. All these boys that I think are great and I link with so well show no interest at all. What am I doing wrong? What is the impression of me that they see? I get that boys aren't a huge deal and I "don't need" a boy. But, really, it'd be nice. Just this once, can I have a turn?

2 comments:

  1. Awe whit! You will get a chance! And he will be a great guy, one who will realize and appreciate the smart, strong, hilarious, and beautiful person you are :) and maybe, just maybe... he will LOVE owls ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was magnificent. I love you:)

    ReplyDelete